Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 7, 2007

Guess I'll start blogging...

It's never too late... right? I've been obsessively reading other people's blogs for so long now I finally realized maybe I should start my own. It's not like I'm busy or anything. Trying to work full time and take care of a five month old baby. Well, I'm not doing this alone. I do have a wonderful husband who, I've realized, does far more than a lot of other husband/fathers out there. Though it would be nice if he didn't come home from work every evening and immediately start picking up after me. I just need a chance to clean up and I'll do it... just not fast enough to ward off his agita.
Right now Jack is asleep and Stephen is watching some horrid show on IFC about pimps. Does he really think this is something I'd be interested in watching? I like stupid shows... I'll admit I now love Hannah Montana (thanks Lucie). I used to like to watch the news all the time. That's obvious considering my past career. But now, with the baby, I can't bear to watch. Whenever I hear something about a child or a soldier killed in Iraq all I can think of is their mother and what she must be going through. I couldn't bear to lose my baby Jack... what would I do? I think once you have a baby you think of every horrible thing that could ever happen. And boy do I. I'll sit and daydream about horrible situations that will (hopefully) never happen in my life and what I would do. Case in point, I'm driving down the road with Jack in his car seat. I imagine crashing into a body of water and how I would wriggle my way to the back seat, unhook Jack and get us both out before drowning. Is this normal?
Welcome...

No comments:

A mom's blog about her two little boys...