Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 10, 2007

Feeling Guilty

I guess becoming a mother also increases your feelings of guilt, and this starts even before the baby is born. That well known Catholic guilt has got nothing on my self imposed Mom guilt.
Did I take Advil before I knew I was pregnant? Did I take my prenatal vitamin today even though it makes me sick to my stomach? Should I stop dying my hair while pregnant? Will an epidural really make the baby more drowsy after birth? Am I breastfeeding my baby enough? Should I send my baby to day care? You name it, I worry about it. And the guilt just piles on... and on... and on...
Until you realize, you can't be perfect and you can't do it all. You can just do the best with what God gave you. I think that's where I am today. We have a great baby so we must be doing something right. He doesn't have any birth defects (that we know of) from the Advil or the hair dye. And the breastfeeding is what the breastfeeding is...
Now if I could only find time to go get my hair dyed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A mom's blog about her two little boys...