Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 28, 2007

"Seriously, I'm supposed to brush his 2 teeth?"

Last night I brushed Jack's 2 tiny teeth for the first time. I read that as soon as the little teeth burst through the gums you should start brushing twice a day. Since I'm up for anything with Jack lately I thought I'd give it a try. So I went to CVS (amazingly got out without spending more than $50) got one of those finger brush/gum massagers.
After his bath it was time for our first foray into dental care. I sat him on my lap and started rubbing that plastic thingy all over his gums (made sure to get the molars and his tongue). Jack loved it. He was mesmerized by the whole thing. I bet it felt good since he's obviously still teething. The only issue was that he kept biting down on my finger... really hard. I think I could lose my fingernail if he keeps chomping on my pointer finger.
So now after Jack has breakfast this morning we'll try it again. We certainly don't want him to have stinky breath when he goes to visit people later today.
By the way, Stephen is starting a petition that all babies should be born with a full set of teeth... surmising that popping them through one at a time is cruel and unusual punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A mom's blog about her two little boys...