Sunday, December 2, 2007

Jack's First Birthday Party

Jack attended his first birthday party yesterday. It was for his friend Alyssa from school... she was turning 1 year old. Her parents threw her a party at Chuck E. Cheese's. I had to ask myself why you would have a 1 year old's party there... they can't even play any of the games. But anyway, Jack and I went to see what it was all about. First of all, I was the only non-family member there. Apparently the other families from daycare opted out. So there I was with Alyssa's family, at Chuck E. Cheese wondering how I got myself into this mess. The mother, whom I had never met before, was probably a little overwhelmed and neglected to introduce me to anyone there. So I put on my game face and started trying to make idle chit chat with strangers who had zero interest in talking with me. But then I had to remember, I wasn't there for me, I was there for Jack. He had a good time watching those animated animals dance and sing and truly loved trying to rip the table cloth off. He did grab for a slice of pizza which I denied him as any rotten mom would. Here's a picture of Jack and the birthday girl:


Yes, that is Jack reaching desperately for the table cloth. I think Alyssa has a little rosacea, but she's a good kid.... she's about the same weight as Jack and she is 5 months older! She did enjoy smashing the cake between her hands, but she ate none of it. Jack's first birthday party is now in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A mom's blog about her two little boys...