Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Jack's First Birthday Party

Jack attended his first birthday party yesterday. It was for his friend Alyssa from school... she was turning 1 year old. Her parents threw her a party at Chuck E. Cheese's. I had to ask myself why you would have a 1 year old's party there... they can't even play any of the games. But anyway, Jack and I went to see what it was all about. First of all, I was the only non-family member there. Apparently the other families from daycare opted out. So there I was with Alyssa's family, at Chuck E. Cheese wondering how I got myself into this mess. The mother, whom I had never met before, was probably a little overwhelmed and neglected to introduce me to anyone there. So I put on my game face and started trying to make idle chit chat with strangers who had zero interest in talking with me. But then I had to remember, I wasn't there for me, I was there for Jack. He had a good time watching those animated animals dance and sing and truly loved trying to rip the table cloth off. He did grab for a slice of pizza which I denied him as any rotten mom would. Here's a picture of Jack and the birthday girl:


Yes, that is Jack reaching desperately for the table cloth. I think Alyssa has a little rosacea, but she's a good kid.... she's about the same weight as Jack and she is 5 months older! She did enjoy smashing the cake between her hands, but she ate none of it. Jack's first birthday party is now in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A mom's blog about her two little boys...