Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Swimming!

I signed myself up for another torture session - also known as swim lessons at the Y. At least this time I signed us up for a class on Sunday mornings at 9:45 - last time I was totally insane and we took at 8:45 on Saturday morning class. Basically the idea behind the class is to get Jack used to the water (and embarrass the mother forced to wear a bathing suit in early Spring). He's great at jumping in and going under water. He's not all that interested in kicking and scooping (moving his arms like he's swimming). We use a "lure" - not like a rubber worm - but a rubber duck which Jack is supposed to want to swim toward. No. He doesn't. He wants me to bring him right to it - full service.

Anyway, Stephen came with us on Sunday - despite our illnesses (determined to be the 24 hour stomach bug!) and took pictures. Check them out:

Here is Jack on the floating duck that we use as a platform for jumping off of...


This is Jack's teacher Madi...

A time to reflect on the basics of swimming...



Here we are in the circle. We do songs and play games. This is us doing the hokey pokey...






Regardless of my complaining, I do enjoy taking Jack to swimming lessons. I just hope some day he appreciates it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A mom's blog about her two little boys...