Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day II

It's my 2nd Mother's Day... and here is a picture of me with Jack in front of our beautifully blooming tree (not sure what kind, but I love it).
We started our the day with a nice leisurely breakfast that included Jack eating his first bagel with cream cheese. For gifts I got some very needed wine glasses that can be taken outside (from Bob & Judy) and Stephen and Jack put theirs heads together and decided to PRINT MY BLOG INTO A BOOK! Does this mean I'm being published :)
I ended up heading to Home Depot with Bob and picked up some pretty pink impatiens to plant under the tree, which I did as soon as I got home. I also picked up some tomato plants that are good for a container. This way I envision myself picking tomatoes for a nice summer salad in just a few months.
We then headed out for an early dinner (4:00) thinking that Jack normally wakes up from his 2nd nap at 3:30 and this would be perfect timing. Au contraire... Jack had other plans. He didn't fall asleep until 3:00 so he only got a 40 minute nap before dinner. Then (not that I'm complaining) dinner took forever to be served and we ended up spending more than 2 hours in the restaurant which is a lifetime for a 13 month old. But he's darn cute anyway...

At one point Jack tried to escape across the table to Grammy... I think he wanted to try her Diet Coke. Then we had to switch seats just to keep it interesting, as we were waiting for our dinner... and Jack seemed to think I was crazy... see for yourself:

So it's funny, we waited forever to get our dinners... and when they came... they were cold! So we complained to our waiter who ended up comping us our appetizers... woo hoo... we win!
Then we came home and played for a bit with Jack and then put him down for night-night... it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A mom's blog about her two little boys...